Post about your zodiac sign, and whether or not it fits you

As I am not an expert astrologist, here is some copy and pasted information from http://www.astrology.com/article/zodiac-signs-scorpio-sun-sign.html, as well as my own commentary underneath these excerpts.

Those born under this sign are dead serious in their mission to learn about others. There's no fluff or chatter for Scorpios, either; these folks will zero in on the essential questions, gleaning the secrets that lie within. Scorpios concern themselves with beginnings and endings, and are unafraid of either; they also travel in a world that is black and white and has little use for gray. The curiosity of Scorpios is immeasurable, which may be why they are such adept investigators. These folks love to probe and know how to get to the bottom of things. The fact that they have a keen sense of intuition certainly helps.

The first sentence is perfect. The second is also fairly accurate. I interpret the third one as being unafraid of change, which is true. However, I don't really see the world in black and white. I'd rather not view it that way, actually; it's not as fun. But as for the rest of this description, I wholly agree.

These folks are intense, passionate and filled with desire. They're also complex and secretive, so don't expect to get much out of them, lest they become suspicious and exit stage left. It's best not to bet against Scorpios, either, since these folks are surprisingly resourceful.

Intense? Oh yes. Passionate? For sure. Filled with desire? For whatsoever do you mean? ;)
I do think I'm a complex person, but I'm actually not as secretive as I think I used to be. I really, really enjoy talking and actually share things about myself fairly readily, but I think that might come from the fact that a lot of times, when I meet new people that I have a connection with, I'm aware of the limited amount of time I have with them (like, either I have a departure date, they do, or we all do), so I might as well try to make the most of the time I have with them as I can.

Beware the Scorpio who feels crossed! These folks can turn vindictive in no time flat. Luckily, once Scorpios catch their breath, they will return to their usual determined and loyal (albeit strong-willed) ways. Finally, while Scorpios aren't above some subtle manipulation to get what they want, they'd much rather take a scientific, even mystical path. The Scorpio-born are powerful and passionate, qualities that serve them well, as long as they don't let them deteriorate into self-indulgence or compulsion.

Hm, I suppose. I consider myself generally happy-go-lucky and let petty things go really easily, but I figure if something really upsets me I can hold a nasty grudge. "Usual determined and loyal" does resonate with me, though. So does "powerful and passionate." I approve. As for subtle manipulation, I'm not going to deny that it tickles my fancy. But what does a "scientific, mystical path" mean, though?

Scorpios love competition in both work and play, which is why they'll air it out in sports and games. Extreme sports are right up Scorpio's alley, as is most anything that will test their mettle.

Um, I went skiing once, and was so terrified of falling off the side of the mountain I had to get rescued.

When it comes to love, though, Scorpios soften up a bit and are caring and devoted with their lovers, even if they do hold on a bit tight. Scorpios are also lusty in the extreme (how else?), so they need to be mindful of their reproductive organs.

LOL

The great strength of the Scorpio-born is in their determination, passion and motivation. Scorpios don't know the word quit, which is why they usually get the job done. A powerhouse? Like no other.

Thanks, astrology.com! I'll buy it.

P.S. This is this blog's 100th entry! Hurrah, what a milestone! The stars must have aligned or something for it to coincide with this prompt.

Comments