IT'S DONE

As of this past hour, I have officially applied to law school.

I could have applied the weekend of my birthday, but I was waiting on some recommendation letters to come in. The last few I was waiting on finally came last night, so today I got on it. James was supposed to work at the airport this afternoon but the flight he works for got cancelled, which worked out great because then he could be with me during this turning point in my life.

We took the MARTA to Lindbergh Station and walked to a diner fast food chain place called Zesto's, where we shared a chicken tenders combo with fries and sweet tea. Then we headed over to arguably our favorite cafe in the ATL, Sip the Experience. I ordered an iced caramel macchiato, a drink I had been thinking about having again ever since I first had it, and got to work submitting my applications to four schools and paying an exorbitant amount of money for them. Soon after I hit checkout and the deed had been done, I created a close friends list on Instagram so I could post this image of myself. 


It accurately conveys how I feel about what I've just done.

I guess all that's left for me to do now is wait for at least one school to accept me. Or maybe at least interview me. Of course I am mentally preparing for the possibility that I will be rejected from all four schools, which is whatever, since I was hoping to get in and defer enrolling to 2021 anyway. That would make me sad and make me seriously reconsider my career choices or at least retaking the LSAT, but for now I will just try to stay positive and channel good vibes.

For now, I will allow myself to feel proud for getting my act together at least this much and taking a brave step forward towards the realization of my professional aspirations! 

Comments