Apartment tour

James and I have officially been living in our apartment for three weeks, and it has come together super nicely! I'm very pleased we get to call this place home for the next year. It's so nice I actually was not nervous about signing a lease. Because I wanted to commemorate the apartment having come together, and because I need something to do right now, here is a photographic tour of our place.


 This is our entryway, where you can conveniently find keys and grocery bags. I also included a painting I did of us, and there is also a cool piece of wall art from Montevideo and a key holder with tiles from Mexico City.


Our fridge, which features Vienna magnets, a picture of me with a crocodile in Cebu, and a Refugees Welcome banner James got from Berlin.


Our utensil crock and spoon rest, which were made in India and ordered from Cost Plus World Market with a 20% off coupon I applied retroactively. Also two of the cooking utensils are from Rwanda and have a really cool design on the handle, which you can't see. Maybe next time.


Zooming out, here is our kitchen island and dining area. So nice! So spacious! AND with a working stove!! (For those who do not know, I did not have a working stove when I lived in New York. Smh.)


On the other side, here is our living room, featuring maps of Cochabamba, Kigali, and Cebu ordered from this Etsy shop in Finland, a sea creature throw pillow from Cebu, and a rug made of recycled plastic.


This is a bedroom, with a quilt James' mom made, and a National Geographic cloth map showing Western and Central Europe (Parthenay is on it!!).


An eclectic bookshelf James found at a yard sale and got for free when we were still living in the Airbnb, which features a collection of odds and ends from around the world. Highlights would be the hanging thing from my friend in Kazakhstan, the picture frame made from debris that was left from Typhoon Haiyan, and the frogs from El Salvador.


And finally (bypassing the bathroom since I don't have any pictures right now and it does not have any decorations), here is the closet. It's huge.

Right now, the only thing I would say the apartment is missing are some plants. And visitors to crash in the living room. Wink wink. Hope to write about that soon! 

Comments