Food marketing

Alternate title: gRaPHiC deSiGn iS mY paSSiOn in a pic

In the spirit of what this blog used to be, I've decided to post something nonsensical that has come up. I also just wanted somewhere where these two pictures could be together with commentary.

The first one is from last December.

I was out with two of my friends in Jackson Heights in Queens, New York, going on a food tour. That neighborhood has a wonderful sampling of South Asian, Latin American, and Filipino cuisine, and is probably one of my favorite places to find myself in in New York. In that neighborhood you can also find this food truck that sells momos, Nepali dumplings. The food truck looks like this: 


I thought the promotional images looked pretty normal, but then my friend pointed out that someone had just Photoshopped momos onto a stock photo of a woman eating a salad.

I couldn't unsee it after that. The image became engraved in my mind. 

Similarly, in the group chat for work that I am a part of, some talk had been going on about pupusas, this tasty Salvadorian dish that I most definitely have not talked about in this blog. (Just kidding. Of course I have. They're delicious.) One of the Salvadorians then sent this picture:


And it immediately brought me back to the picture of the woman eating a salad momos. The two images just emanated the same energy.

That's all I wanted to say. Nothing profound. Besides maybe despite/because of the ridiculousness of it all, the images actually succeeded in making me want to eat momos and pupusas... 

Comments