Brief general life update

Wow, we're in the last week of October and I haven't said anything on this blog. This semester has been really quite busy. Here's the main things that take up my time and a 2 sentence summary.

Classes
They complement each other really well. They're fulfilling but not so difficult I feel excessively stressed, and I enjoy the material a lot but wish I had more time to take it all in.

Thesis
Ugh this is difficult. But it's been a wonderful challenge and I'm continually excited to keep stretching my mind and thinking about my research experience from this summer in novel ways.

Student Advisor Job
The best part of this job is the coffee chats with prospective and returned study abroad and prospective students. It literally entails talking about study abroad as a Harvard student and about my experience over coffee–the coffee is paid for by the Office of International Education, and I get compensated for the time I spend doing it because it's part of my job.

Post-grad plans 
Everyone please stop asking, even I would like to know what I have lined up, I'll figure something out eventually. I do know though that I need a break where I just lay on the beach and travel for fun with no concrete goals or something.

BOYFRIEND
HE FINALLY EXISTS and I don't have to make self-deprecating music videos on Valentine's Day anymore!! Now at 6 months with this nerdy Wisconsinite mushroom farmer I met in Rwanda and going strong despite the distance (lol of course I would get myself into an LDR).

That's the October report. Here's a cute picture of finally-not-nonexistent bf and me that sums us up pretty well.

Comments