Commentary on past self series: February

I was close to giving up on this blog series due to serious lack of reliable wifi and prioritizing blog entries about Rwanda, but oh well. Here is the screenshot of the month from Facebook's "On This Day" feature:


I still remember coming across this book. It was at some store in Bridgeport Village, I'm pretty sure. I wrote this when I was a high school freshman, and I'm mildly impressed at the early cynicism. Granted, high school boys don't really know anything in general, but now that six years have passed and I'm 21, and I've met some guys who are really sincere and incredible all over the world, I like to think that a book with that name would have at least a few pages written on.

Eh, but then I read all these articles or hear about about how men are controlling jerks and objectify women, and I suppose that book would apply in those cases. I've just been lucky with the kind of guys I've chosen to spend time with and haven't really had serious issues with them. I wonder how long relying on my luck with people in general is going to last, but what matters is that I can count on myself more than I can count on any guy ever, so I need not worry too much. Hear that, high school freshman me?

Comments