Make-up GCs

Oops, for the first time this year, I’m behind on two Gratitude Challenge entries so I’ll just combine them into one. (ACTUALLY WAIT, I just looked back and this is the second time this year. The first time was when Rotex Convention happened. Hahaha. We can say this is the first entry that combines two missed ones.) It’s been a fairly busy final week at Harvard since the first forgotten GC entry, so as usual I’m taking the time to write on the plane going back to Oregon. (Lol, I haven’t been in Oregon since January, almost 11 months ago.)

The first missed one is GC 48: Your job
Uh, I don’t really have a job because I’m a full-time student, so I’m not sure how to answer this. I’ve had a few part-time jobs? I’ll make this a short blurb entry because I think that’d be kind of fun. So beginning with a job I haven’t had since last semester but a job I quite enjoyed nonetheless, I’ll mention my job as a Spanish tutor.

• Once a week, I would tutor two girls, aged 13 and 15 at the time, in beginner Spanish. I ended up talking a lot about Bolivia since it’s where I learned Spanish after all. I think they caught the drift that I like Bolivian boys so from time to time would make fun of me about it. For some reason I found it very entertaining, and I would say I was grateful that they were comfortable enough with me to do such things. (The pay was quite nice so the job being fun only made it better.)

• I’m grateful for the things you find in dorm crew that you can just take after people leave them. Even if it sucked cleaning up after people’s shit, I’m really glad I found a set of vacuum storage bags because they’ve been an immense boon to my packing efforts at the end of this semester, which I will write about after these make-up entries are done.

• Finally, AnthroWrites’ delivery food from various restaurants for dinner during our weekly team meetings spoiled me and was the absolute best.

GC 49: Things you like about winter
But wait, it’s not even officially winter yet! I’ll answer this prompt anyway I guess.
I can easily think about things I don’t like, but what I do like about winter first of all is that it isn’t sweltering hot. Hot and humid is my least favorite weather, so at least in winter there is absolutely none of that! And then I also really like winter clothing. I like to think I look pretty cute in it, plus I feel less self conscious about how I look in shorts and disgusting from sweating all the time than I do when it’s hot outside. When it snows, it really is quite beautiful and calming in its own special way. Of course, I also like the holiday season associated with winter, even though I didn’t grow up with it. I like drinking iced drinks even when it’s cold outside. Not sure what that has to do with winter, but it’s a thing people find somewhat odd. But I’m a fairly unconventional person, so we’ll just have to deal with it here.

That’s it for those two. I’ve got a more important entry to write and maybe an hour and a half left before I have to put my laptop away, so I’ll get to it!

Comments