GC 42: Your favorite possession

I've known for a while that I wanted to write about the notebooks that I have with me when I travel that I have people sign, but at the same time I also wrote that I want to try and write about something that hasn't already been written about in this blog. But in the spirit of genuineness, I will just say that they're my favorite possession.

I wrote about the two notebooks when I was doing that 31-day writing challenge in October of last year, and I wrote about them for the entry "Something someone told you about yourself that you never forgot" so I don't need to explain any more. Though since I wrote that, even more messages have been added, coming from all sorts of people such as relatives I hadn't seen in 7-8 years, an old Bolivian couple I met in LA, my German pen pal (the first person I sent a postcard to through Postcrossing), and a Filipino girl and a Syrian boy I had Filipino food with while I was in Vienna. I'm grateful for every single message written in the notebook and the kind thoughts that they convey towards me. Sometimes some pretty unbelievable, crazy things happen in my life, and one way I know that it wasn't all dreamed up by me is through the words people have written in those notebooks. There is nothing else in my possession, I suppose not even my journals (which are all written based on my own feelings and my own memory), that does anything similar. This makes these notebooks one of my most treasured possessions, particular to me and only me, that I will forever be grateful to have.

Comments