GC 31: Core value

Hahahaha once again I COMPLETELY forgot about this (due to not having written anything in my planner and not even opening it during my vacation), and once again my mother reminded me. And now I'm behind TWO GC entries due to the absolute craziness that was this past weekend, traveling, and lack of wifi.

Hmm, what core value should I talk about. For aesthetic appeal, let me pick a word that starts with an "H" so I can start the next paragraph with it just like I have these last two.

Humility.

Having met so many people, seen so many places, and struggled with learning things at school or about life that other people seem to easily understand, I've learned from experience that humility is something I should never go without. No matter how much I know, there'll always be more that I don't know, and there'll always be people who will have capacities I can never imagine having. The best I can do is work on what I do know I'm capable of and share my experiences and skills with others, acknowledging that there's always room for improvement.

Hardly a day goes by where I'm not in awe of what I see around me or of what people I meet do in their lives. I'm thankful that I have this sense of wonder and humility basically because it allows me to get along with people, to never be bored, and to always wish to keep bettering myself as a person.

Comments