GC 30: Your current age

Ah, to be 20.

Old enough for people to take me seriously and to not be considered an immature "teenager," but young enough still to have people tell me, "you're young and have so much ahead of you."

Also a still appropriate age to be the feisty girl I am. (Not sure if my attitude gonna fly in most situations when I'm 35.)

At this age I feel pretty good about myself. Compared to how I was even when I was 19 or 18, I've grown up and gained a lot of life experiences that I couldn't have fathomed when I was my younger self, the one who thought she knew what this world was about and what she ought to be doing in it. (The one who, I would find out later, was wrong about a lot of things but still consistently right about some others.)

I guess at this point I realize how little I know but how much potential there is in me to do something. It's nice to be 20 and feel like I still have so much time ahead of me before actually getting a real career and "settling down." (Whatever that means.)

So yeah. Although it's not an age that's commonly glorified, I am indeed grateful to be as of today twenty years old!

Comments