GC 23: Favorite physical trait

Hands down my small size. (Well, small in height, not so much in build #boobs #hips but whatever.)

At first I lamented being way shorter than everyone else and kind of always being seen as a little kid (I definitely feel like one), and even now there are moments where I look at taller girls and think that maybe boys would take me seriously/be interested in me if I were even five inches taller. But it’s actually an incredible asset to my lifestyle. I’m typing this entry on a flight from Vienna to Bucharest (lol more on that at some point) and as it always is in flights, I don’t even need leg room. I can fit both my backpack and my ukulele in the seat in front of me, and stretch my legs. And then when the plane is on the ground, I can always fully stand up in my seat, the top of my head barely touching the underside of the luggage shelves. I laugh at those with the misfortune of being even at least an inch taller than me having to sit down far longer and be uncomfortable (which is literally everyone else besides actual young children and insufferable crying babies).

Like those cute little bottles of shampoo you can get at the pharmacy, I am travel sized. To describe how I feel about this, “favorite physical trait" is an understatement. At this point, as I am fast approaching my 19th country, I couldn’t even imagine being otherwise.

Comments