GC 18: The Weather

LOL. What a mockery this prompt is.

It's supposed to be spring, but it's been chilly and rainy the past few days. I guess that's part of spring? Oh well. Rather than take "the weather" as the general weather over this week, I will instead take this evening's specific weather, which I did find quite enjoyable.

This evening, I was in the South End again at the arts center I volunteered in this summer, watching a bilingual musical about the baseball player Roberto Clemente with my fellow volunteer Luca. To get back to Harvard, we waited for the 1. We had just missed one by the time we got to our stop so we had to wait a bit for the next one, and I found myself saying, "It's okay, at least the weather's nice."

By nice, I mean it was cold enough that I could wear a fairly thick raincoat and boots, there was still some light outside even though it was past 8 pm, and there was a tiny bit of rain, but not enough to be bothersome.

The walk back to my dorm from the Square was also quite pleasant under this weather.

So yeah, I suppose I'm thankful for this cool weather that isn't as crappy as full out raining for days on end or as too hot that I get sweaty from biking around.

Comments