GC 15: Things you like about spring

Wow, it actually has just been going through my mind lately that it finally feels like spring! Set aside the freak snowstorm we had two weeks ago, the weather has been absolutely lovely (when it's not raining, as I have now come to be annoyed by the rain when I have to be out and about all the time).

When people ask me what my favorite season is, I actually always say spring. It doesn't get stiflingly hot like it does in the summer, or painfully cold like it does in the winter. Sure, the in-between can sometimes be unpleasant, as can the allergies (which at this point have hit me), but nothing beats crisp air accompanied by broad sunlight. Cool and sunny is my favorite weather, and it is weather most characteristic of spring! I also enjoy seeing flowers bloom on the ground and on the trees. It's all so festive.

Probably the thing that I am most excited about is that yesterday, after months of serving as room decoration, I've finally taken my bike out again and have been using it for two days now. It's extremely helpful to have this convenience again, and to zoom down Mass Ave on a pretty yellow bike that perfectly complements the sensations of spring.

It's going to be an extremely packed last week and a half (!!) of classes, but at least I have spring as my setting. I'm really grateful for that.

Comments