GC: The city you live in

YES

It's already been written about many times over on this blog, but I LOVE living here in Cambridge/Boston. I don't really need to have to say much for this entry because I am thankful for it everyday and am definitely recognizant of it.

I actually ended up bringing up very recently that I feel like this is the first time in my life where I've gotten some say in where I live and have absolutely loved it. In the past, I had been complacent about living in a French countryside town and in a white American suburb, but always had aspirations of living in a more urban environment. Just as I was hoping, it happened for me when I moved out for college on the other side of the country from my family. I had never felt this much satisfaction with my environs and living situation until I have at this point.

Boston is incredible. A big city by the ocean, two of my favorite things in one neat package. Never mind below freezing temperatures and the occasional winter storm; this city is perfect for me for the time being. I love its distinct neighborhoods, great food offerings, mostly reliable public transportation system, walkable downtown area, scenic parks, and the fact that on any given day I can walk around the area where I live and hear a various number of languages being spoken. Of course, there is also the fact that I share this city with some of the world's most brilliant young minds, which is also a fact I am thankful for in itself.

Very often I think about how lucky I currently am, and a lot of it is because of how this city is really right for me, and I simply can't see myself spending these years in any other place. I may not be spending most of the rest of my life here, and I may not even live here anymore after my four years here are up. Whatever ends up happening, this city will forever remain dear to me, a place that will always be a pleasure to return to because of how it has served as the setting to one of the most significant eras of my life.

Comments