Your highs and lows for the month

Oops, this makes the second time I forgot to write in my blog and am doing it the day after instead (and cheating by saying it was posted on October 30). But I'll still put a blog entry for the 31st day of October!

Highs:
Yesterday, aka the day I was supposed to write this, which was such a high point in the month that it was an enjoyable day all throughout.
So this weekend, there's a conference on Latin American relations happening at Harvard, and there are around 150 delegates from Latin America attending. The organization putting it on was looking for people to host the delegates, so I of course volunteered. I'm hosting a girl (well, she's 24) from Uruguay. She's really cool, and we share a lot of the same interests. So throughout the day, I would run into various people from Latin America, and them being the friendly, beautiful people they are I was always so happy to chat with them (in Spanish of course jeje). (Ugh why are the boys so good-looking) They reminded me of my time in Bolivia, of my exchange friends, of meeting people just as excited to be in a new place as I was (except for once I wasn't really in a new place).
Turning away from that part of the world, I recently got a new little job as an individual English language partner for a French lawyer lady living in Cambridge. I met up with her yesterday for an hour, and we got to chat for around an hour. Though it was in English, we talked in French after the hour was over, which of course made me so so so happy. I'll be meeting her regularly, which is gonna be so fun! (And getting paid for it)
The main reason yesterday was so good was that it brought some places/people I miss a lot closer to me, in a way.
Also, I stayed up last night with some of my friends, and we watched a movie called Stonehearst Asylum, based on a story by Edgar Allan Poe. Omg it was SO GOOD. So many twists, so many questions about the human condition brought up and worth discussion. I highly recommend it. Great way to end the night (hence me forgetting to write here because I stayed up late and went to bed almost right afterwards).

Lows:
Two math midterms. Gross. Good thing there's only one in November!
There is also the occasional emotional breakdown/existential crisis that runs a course through my mind, but these must happen in order for me to have a normal, happy life and appreciate what I do have and can do instead of worrying about what I don't/can't do.

Comments