Write about something for which you feel strongly

Sleeping.

I feel very strongly about getting a good amount of sleep for every day it is possible. During the craziness that was freshman fall, I realized how important this was. My brain wanted to keep doing work/study, my heart wanted to keep spending time with all the friends I was making, and my body just wanted to get more sleep. Although all of these things are important, I came to realize that if I wasn't getting enough sleep, then I wouldn't be able to do very well in the other domains at all. Which is why above everything else, I try to be well-rested so I can perform decently in my academic and social life. It's just another way to keep healthy.

Also, yesterday I got really caught up in doing homework and spending time with friends that I went straight to bed at around 2 am and forgot to write in this blog, so.
(Luckily I can set a schedule for this entry so I can make it look like I posted it on October 10th after all, hehehe.)

For all my talk about sleeping, though, I wake up surprisingly early. It seems like no matter what time I go to bed, I wake up in the range of 6-7 am. During the school year, I rarely ever sleep more than 7 hours straight, and even when I'm on vacation it takes a while for me to actually realize that I don't have to wake up early to get work done. It's both a blessing and a curse I guess, but it's really nice to not need an alarm at all because I hate alarms. I care about sleeping so much I hate the thought of it being interrupted by anything other than my crazy internal clock.

However, I do also feel strongly about sticking to my commitments and giving them my all, hence the fact that I still wrote this entry despite it (in real life) being a day late.

Comments