What are you excited about?

There are many, many things I am pretty excited about, but in the most short term I'm excited to see my family again! (My biological family. Lol.)

My parents and sister are coming to Boston to visit on Friday the 16th. I haven't seen them since July 26th (around two and a half months ago), and even then I was really only at home for around 4 days in July. That means for July and August, my host families in Poland and Bolivia saw more of me than my actual family did. Oops?

They deserve a blog post dedicated to them like the ones I've written in honor of my host families abroad, so this is why I decided to write about them in this post.

Since I know they actually read this blog, I would like to personally make a statement on how much I appreciate their support no matter where in the world I am, or what crazy thing I want to do with my life. When I'm abroad or at school, I don't miss them, because I know that they'll always be there for me, and distance doesn't change that. I honestly don't know what it's like for them to have a daughter/sister who's perpetually wanting to go far away from wherever she is and who seems to keep accumulating family members from different corners of the world, but they're so cool to be so accepting of it.

So thank you, mom, dad, Cara. I'm excited to see you in a few days!


Comments