Conversely, write about something that's kicking ass right now

Sometimes, just for fun, I look at my life from an outsider's perspective. And by outsider, I mean somebody who knows my deal but doesn't necessarily know any of my deep personal dilemmas (of which there are numerous). I do this because I often find myself catching glimpses of others' lives, whether by word of mouth or social media or so, and I think, "Man, it must be so great to be them. They're having such an amazing time. What even am I doing?" And then I wonder how people might view me.

Admittedly, I seem to be having a really interesting life. I'm probably talked about in other places as a friend who goes to Harvard. A girl who speaks perfect French. A girl who has friends all over the world who would love to see her again, there for her no matter what. I'm probably regarded as a very confident, independent person with a very evident charisma in everything she puts her heart to. I'm that girl who travels everywhere and seems to be able to feel at home no matter where she is, thanks to her ability to get along with people.

Hm, not bad.

If this is the general overview of how my life is going, I'm pretty pleased with it. I do think it's kicking ass. Sure, there are areas that need improvement, and areas that I wish I had the power to change, and moments where I think, "My life SUCKS." But they are temporary and fleeting, and whenever I look at this bigger picture, this image of what my current life is, I'm satisfied.

Comments