Rant about visa applications

Ahhh it's come to this again.

Last year, I fell into a crisis that I hope will never happen again when I got turned down at the ticket counter after not having a visa. This year, I'm actually aware that I have to apply for a visa, though the entire process is making me groan. Why why why? WHYYY

This is so ironic. When I was solely a holder of a Philippine passport, I complained because I would have to apply for a visa whenever I traveled (to Europe) and would get anti-priority (for lack of a better term) treatment at airports because the passport wasn't American. But now that I have an American passport that I thought would be the freest fucking passport in the world, I've fallen into situations where having the Philippine passport would have been ideal. To go to Bolivia, I need to pay an obscene amount to visit and send a shit ton of documents, whereas a Philippine passport would have gotten me there with no effort besides that which flying down to the bottom half of the earth requires.

Oh how I wish that these things didn't exist. This is like borderline discrimination. I'm not going to go into things I already discussed in a previous entry, but on the bright side...at least this time, I will get to go. I will get to go to South America.

I CAN'T WAIT

Comments