Life

Life really doesn't want me to take that German class.

I found out via email last night that the class wasn't being held in Sever 110, but Sever 208, and that only on MWF would it be held on Sever 110. I figured oh good, I'll just visit that class tomorrow and all will be well.

Except not.

I went to the class. *Only* I went to the class. Nobody else showed up.
Nobody else except the professor, who was a bit confused at the fact that there was only one person interested in her class.

We decided I should just visit the normal intermediate class and take that instead. So that's what I did, thus leaving me room for one more class.

I'm not gonna say what my full schedule is as it has not yet been determined, though I will probably make an announcement on this blog.

Anyway, Monday, September 1st, was the very important freshman convocation ceremony. All 1,667 members of the Harvard Class of 2018 dressed up and proceeded along Harvard Yard as the bells of Memorial Church rang, taking a seat underneath this tent set up outdoors. I couldn't see anything from where I was sitting.
(It was fucking hot)
In fact, it was so fucking hot that a kid actually passed out from heat exhaustion, canceling the last few speeches of the ceremony. Well that's a convocation to remember.
Afterwards, we all went to the steps of Widener Library to get a class photo. We just wanted it over and done with; we were sticky from being drenched in our own sweat, and being pressed against our fellow classmates on all sides did not help the situation. However, I was pretty entertained looking at the crowd of tourists that had gathered in front of us to spectate at this momentous occasion, taking their own pictures of us hot commodities. I'm getting kind of annoyed at the onslaught of tourists and tour groups that perpetually occupy my Yard, but at the same time, it reminds me of the kind of place I go to and how lucky I am.
I had some time after the class picture, so some friends and I took our own pictures. I am absolutely in love with this one; tout simplement, it's perfection.


This picture needs to be on a brochure promoting Harvard. Like right now.

On a completely unrelated note, I was heading to the gym with my Bolivian friend this morning when, on the way, we came across this giant bird...


We kinda just gawked at it wondering what it was doing hanging around Harvard University Health Services. The conclusion was, "I'm totally putting this on my blog today."
Consider that done!

Comments