A brief entry about July 23



2007: I left the country I grew up in to start a new life on the other side of the Pacific Ocean. Arguably the most life-changing event that has ever occurred to me, after my birth. (I would like to think that my birth was life-changing. Life-bringing? I digress.)

2014: I served as the guest speaker for the Rotary Club of Pasay, to speak about my year in France and to advocate the idea of young people going off on crazy adventures in a different country.
It was an all-male club. I think they had a good turnout that day because they were intrigued by the fact that their guest speaker (when their usual guest speakers are heads of companies or people well-established in higher society) was some 18-year-old girl.


Bonus: Read (or reread, if you're my mother or grandma) this entry to be acquainted with who I am bringing up here, but on this day in 2013 Y returned back from his year abroad, and Shoop left to begin his year abroad. How amusing.



Comments