What Facebook thinks I'm into

If you're friends with me on Facebook, you may or may not have seen my "About me" section. (If your name is Sari, you most likely have.) Anyway, here is a portion of it.


You know how social and search networks on the internet scan your profiles and emails and searches and place out ads that they think would interest you? It's really creepy, especially if they advertise exactly what you're looking for or something that resonates with you. However, most of the time, it's annoying at worst.
I guess thanks to "Female - Men - Single" on my about me, Facebook mobile has been routinely advertising romance simulator games that I can download onto my iPad for free. Unfortunately for them, I'm not that desperate, and I'm very picky with guys, so those don't appeal to me.
They're quite interesting though, so I decided to take screen shots of them and think about which fictional males I would place into each romance game simulation. And what better way to advertise my thoughts than in my personal blog that nobody reads?

FIRST CONTENDER.

There's something so appealing about thieves. One must obviously be clever, quick-witted, motivated, and have a knack for escaping authorities to be a real thief. My favorite thief?



IT'S ALADDIN
I love these realistic representations of otherwise child-appealing animated characters. It just exemplifies their sexiness. He can share a whole new world with me anytime ;D

SECOND CONTENDER

Heck yes. While I don't really agree with the whole "damsel in distress" persona, I would appreciate a man who'd place himself in front of me while we're being stampeded by a herd of wildebeest (not that I'm making a Disney reference or anything). Who wouldn't want a smokin' bodyguard? It'd be nice to have a guy to make me feel that special. Anyway, here's who I picked.



This is Alex Rider, the protagonist from the series of books bearing the same name. The lovely Alex Pettyfer plays him in the movie. They're both named Alex, so I'll take that as enough proof that they'd be the same person. Furthermore, my idol and true love is Alexander the Great, so that's an added bonus. I'll take either of them.

THIRD CONTENDER

This one was kind of difficult. I'm not really into business or economics or any of that, but what I do find attractive are passionate and innovative entrepreneurs.
Oh, and guys in suits. Especially guys in suits.


This was one of those twins from The Social Network. I'll take either of them.

FINAL CONTENDER

I don't really know why I'm putting "contender" on these because there's really no competition. No one can beat who I have picked for this one. It's a bit bizarre, since anyone who knows me well would know that I'd go for the one other three since I'm not one for cheesy extraterrestrial vampire stories or whatever, but I'm not going for any of that violent fairy tale stuff.
Well, if you've ever seen Silence of the Lambs, the one I pick for this simulator Hannibal Lecter.
And I mean, the young Hannibal Lecter.
LOOK AT HIM.


This picture has been my iPod's wallpaper since September 2011...

Oh, serenade me!!

Hannibal Lecter, better known as "Hannibal the Cannibal," was the genius, mysterious old guy from the psychological thriller Silence of the Lambs. He had a calculating yet strangely hypnotic way of talking that was beyond human. Young Hannibal is portrayed in this movie called "Hannibal Rising," and it is one of my favorite movies EVER. I can't count how many times I've seen it and drooled at Hannibal. I could just die of his utter good-lookingness. Also, he's perfect. He ticks all the requirements on my checklist.
 ✓ European
 ✓ beautiful speaking voice
 ✓ studies medicine
 ✓ lives in France
 ✓ has a great memory! (seriously...)
 ✓ fantastic artist
 ✓ well-dressed
 ✓ is into Asians
I guess the point of this is (if I ever had the intention of putting a point to this blog entry, which I didn't), I can manage to stay hopelessly single as long as I have the ability to daydream about a real guy that can live up to my favorite fictional men. (Well, fictional with the exception of The Social Network guy. You get it.) Until then, no one is good enough, but I'm staying content. I'll just watch Hannibal Rising sometime soon ;)

Comments