You are what you wear



If this statement is true, that makes me a sassy gorilla who likes to parade around my high school helping out new/exchange students,  volunteering in school events, and taking advantage of the food during bi-weekly meetings. 

My narcissism aside, a friend and I witnessed the ultimate example of "You are what you wear" today.

Here's what happened. Don't you just hate it when you want to turn your car in to an intersection and the light is green, but there's some bumbling imbecile at the crosswalk taking their sweet time totally disregarding the fact that you just want to move on with your life and make the turn?
This happened today.
My friend Jennie and I were about to turn right when some guy started using the crosswalk when the pedestrian light was already flashing red. 
As is usually the case with these ignorant specimens of mankind, he was completely oblivious to the fact that the front of the car was menacingly close to the edge of the crosswalk. In other words, he was blind to our impatience.
To make matters worse, on one hand he was texting on his phone while looking at it, and on the other hand he held a cigarette.
To top it all off, he was wearing a shirt that said:

I DO DUMB THINGS.

Oh, really?
I never would have guessed.
Jennie said at least he was still in the crosswalk, but I said it was practically no, he was teetering on the edge between the road and the solid white line. 
(I assure you that this story is 100% true and I fully give you permission to repeat it, in the hopes that it one day gets back to the man who wore that idiotic shirt and set a terrible example for himself, and in the hopes that pedestrians will get the hint that when cars want to turn, they probably shouldn't cross the road.)

Which just begs the question now.
What are you wearing?

Comments