This blog wasn't originally supposed to exist

Nor was my other blog, really. But then I randomly decided to just keep a blog during my junior year abroad in France and see where that took me. And I had a lot of fun with it.
So if you want to read a blog that's considerably more well-written than this one, I suggest you click on the link.
If you want to read about my life as a (relatively) normal teenager, then go ahead and follow this blog too. It's not going to be heavily edited before I publish or anything. Sometimes I just need to spew my thoughts or share incidents I think are funny, even if nobody seems to be listening.

Anyway, here's a brief overview of my new blog.

Its URL: Self-explanatory. If you have met me in person, you will know that I'm a little teapot short and stout, AND I'm Asian.

Its title: It's true. I have been inclined innumerable times to say something along those lines. You can frequently find me singing my heart out strumming my little soprano ukulele maddeningly. The songs are more often than not nonsensical. The first song I ever learned to play on that convenient instrument has lyrics that go, "But we've got our love to pay the bills." SERIOUSLY? Since when are amorous sentiments capable of fulfilling financial obligations? And then there's another one I'm into singing that is pretty much a flirty prelude to breakfast. (It's called "How do you like your eggs in the morning?") (Personally, I like my eggs to be double sunny-side up.) I like to say that they're dumb, but really, they're amusing pieces of music that I can't help but adore singing. Other than nonsensical songs, I like to sing songs in French and Tagalog.

Its background: There were many contenders for the background. The cuddly animals were just too cute, plus they reminded me of my friends and me. Because we're really all vibrantly colored, malformed creatures who, when together, stand in uniformed rows.

Its font: Did I really deliberately choose a font for this blog? YES! I just picked the fonts that resembled my handwriting the most. And yes, my "g"s do actually look like they're typed.

My Blogger profile pic: I used to have the same picture since March 2012. I only changed it today. You see, I got new glasses (yeah I actually do need them). As for my expression, it's one that I believe conveys my state of mind the most accurately. My life is a series of surprises and unlikely situations, and part of the reason I'm keeping this blog is so I can look back on it and make that expression at how everything has happened. Did that make sense? I don't care, I'm not looking back and editing it.

That's it for the first post. I'm gonna go work on the next one now.

Comments