Damn, I'm short.

Know how tall I am? I measure five feet.

Just today I saw this cautionary advertisement (is that a phrase? now it is) on the back of the Oregon Driver's manual during my drive lesson today. (Knowing the stereotypes of female and Asian drivers, I hope the kid I was doing the lesson with wasn't too scarred. JUST KIDDING! I'm not a catastrophic driver. I promise.)


So apparently, if I had been three inches shorter, I would have been required to sit in a booster seat.
See the face I'm making on my profile pic? Yeah. That's how I felt.

Check out this picture:


AND I WAS WEARING HEELS.
You'd think I'd know not to take pictures sandwiched between two tall white guys. Maybe they should have lifted me up or something. Hm, that's a note to self, reminder for next time. 

Being five feet tall and 17 isn't all that bad. If there's one reason it's pretty cool, it's that I can fully stand up in front of my airplane seat while all those unfortunate taller people have to bend down so the plane can accommodate their monstrosity. While they are trying not to bump their head on the air conditioning vent and reading light, I am standing proudly, laughing on the inside.

Comments